In our house, Memorial Day means summer is almost here. We are finishing out the school year, spring sports are coming to a close, dance recitals are happening and the weather is getting warmer.
(Pictured: my little JBird helpers under the enormous American flag, hanging from the fire truck, during the annual Doylestown 5k last year.)
So to set the tone and get you excited about the summer days ahead I’ve put together a must-have music playlist.
It’s GREAT for long car rides, motivating you to push a little harder in your workouts and FUN to listen to whether you are rubbing your feet in the grass or sand.
I have a few more tricks up my sleeve to get you EXCITED about the new season upon us, which I’ll share with you in the next few weeks but until then...kick back, listen to some summer tunes and enjoy this long weekend.
Looking to listen right away to the whole playlist? Click the picture to go to Spotify. If you don't have an account, it's free and quick & easy to sign-up.
If you like watching music videos, click on the individual songs (highlighted in pink) and enjoy viewing on You Tube.
Summer 2018 Playlist
- Solo - Clean Brandit ft. Demi Lovato
- joy. - for KING & COUNTRY
- One Kiss - Calvin Harris ft. Dua Lipa
- Anpanman - BTS
- I Want To Know - NOTD ft. Bea Miller
- Sober Up - AJD ft.Rivers Cuomo
- Rivers Deep - Gabby Barrett
- Whole Lotta Woman - Kelly Clarkson
- These Days - Rudimental ft. Jess Glynne, Macklemore, & Dan Caplen
- Done For Me - Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani
- Youth - Shawn Mendes ft.Kahlid
What's Happening with JBird Fitness:
Dance Workout Video:
Come on, Dance!
- Squat with Alt Arm Sweeps Up & Bk 3x (on 4th, step out)
- Cross Step BK (RT) - Turn back to face side - 2 Steps BK
- Heel Dig Right Step Thru 3x
- Triple Run Back 2x
- Slip Squat (back to center)
- Groove w/ Hands Up the Body
Inspired by Kris Wu's song "Like That". (click the pic to watch the demo video)
Workout of the Week:
Energy: Elevated Abs is a GREAT combo of standing work and ab exercises. For this short week, you will get all the sweaty you need in one quick workout, plus your core checked off the list.
Members: click HERE to do directly to the video library.
Non- Members: click HERE & come play with us with a FREE trial.
Have FUN and enjoy the sunshine :)